Sunday, December 30

Break

Well can I just say that I don't want these two months to ever end.  Cal and I have been LOVEing break.  We've been spending a lot of time with family and friends and with each other.

The other night, the day after spending the whole day with extended family (it was.. tiring, to say the least), Cal took me through a housing track that is known for their Christmas light decorations.  He did it last year, and it is one of my favorite and sweetest memories.  If there's one thing I love about Christmas, it's the decorations.  And I'm not talking about no big plastic santa, either. I'm talking about a classy, well done Christmas.

Like this.  Cal and I rolled down our windows and clapped for this guy.
(Sorry for the awful phone quality!)

 Yesterday we went to Kohls and the mall to return some things and I got this watch and purse, both of which I have been wanting for a while.

We then went to the George Eastman House, who was the founder of the Eastman Kodak Company (which is now like in chapter 15, I know).  This man knew how to live, though!  He literally would have someone come and play the organ for him at his breakfast every morning. He went on a safari and had an elephant head hanging on his wall.  And he held weekly parties, and on New Years Eve he had 900 guests!  I mean this guy was boss.  I couldn't believe that our Rochester had such a magnifiecent house! Go us!

And this place is known for their gardens, too.  We are SO going in the summer!

OLD school cartoons.

Hope you are having a wonderful holiday with loved ones!

With Love,
Cath

No comments:

Post a Comment