Monday, February 25

Artbursts!

So even though I go to school for art, I keep finding myself randomly and somewhat impulsively having artistic outbursts - or, artbursts.  They don't always happen at the best time (like when a topic proposal or something like that is due), but I find that I can focus better if I can utilize my creativity rather than pining things on pinterest all night anyways.

So here's what I've been up to the past week:

Here's just some sketches





and here is a maxi skirt that I randomly decided to sew one night. I'm not kidding when I say outbursts! It really wasn't too difficult, but I decided not to do a tuturial because I am just plain awful at sewing, even though this is just basically a rectangle, haha.  But you can use this easy tuturial that I looked at but foolishly thought I knew better followed here!



 Lastly, I did this watercolor, which I am quite happy with.  I am starting to find how much I enjoy watercolors.  They seem like a simple medium, but can produce an organic but soft affect with your art.  Oh my word can you tell I was in a 2 hour long art critique today or what?!


Anyways, here's a little view into my life and how I create.  Hope you enjoyed my artbursts :)

So, is that how it is for you?  Or do you "de-stress" other ways? Would love to know!

 May you have a lovely week, filled exciting and new outbursts.

With Love,

6 comments:

  1. Skirt looks a little long ; ) What kind of material is it? Is there elastic in the waist, or are you just keeping it up with that belt?
    Cute watercolor.
    I don't think I de-stress with art, I think art stresses me out. Haha, jk, not quite. When I was dabbling in paints over break, I found that when I used my little bit of creativity...it brought out more. That was neat =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's elastic, with a tie with that material, so the belt is just fr looks.
      That's great that it brought out more! It's almost like we have to excersize that part of us, in a way :) But yeah, may not be your #1 for de-stressing! haha :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and cute doodlings too! I'd have to rack my brain to think of and draw things like that, haha, so maybe it does stress me out =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is knitting and crocheting considered art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does in my book! Are you creating anything special? :)

      Delete
  4. Not yet.. I was thinking I want to start knitting something. Maybe just something simple though like a scarf.

    ReplyDelete