Friday, March 1

No Shirt! No Shoes! No Worries!



 I was reminiscing tonight about summer. Longer days, warm sun, tan skin, swimming, bonfires, sports, etc. After waking up every morning in the winter, to snow or drizzle or ice rain, it is easy to get depressed waiting for summer. Especially, when you have great pics to remind you how great it was...

NYC partial skyline

This first picture is taken by my best friend Andy Hollingshead. We went on a road trip two summers ago through NYC, Atlantic City, and Cape May in New Jersey. Jumping from beach to beach was ideal living for me. We also saw a New York Giants game(THANKS CATH!)
Flip City Disc Golf Course; Shelby, Michigan


Last summer, my brother and I drove down to visit Andy in Michigan, where he goes to college and kinda sorta lives. We visited some beaches and dunes, while we were there too. The first time I saw a "real" sand dune, I was blown away.


Waiting for 6 hours for the Pop-a-Lock guy!
 This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. No other picture elicits such complicated emotions. When I first look at it, I think of perfect times biking(see the bike in cath's car?) or hanging out in the summer with Cath, where there's no place I'd rather be. Then, I remember how we waited in the parking lot for 6 hours that day trying to sort out the problems with my car. The ignition key quit working, and AAA was super slow to respond. It was beyond frustrating. Thankfully, Cath was there, and she was a much better sport than I was. We joked, laughed, and talked.... a lot. It turned out to be a good night. Now, when I look at this picture, it puts summer into perspective. Warm weather and lesser responsibilities are not always a recipe for happiness. Sometimes, if you're with the right person/people and rely on God, nothing can get you down(including upstate NY winters.)


Andy, Grace, Cathy and I celebrating the last days of summer!





Look! we still have fun in the winter!



 By,
Caleb Craft

1 comment: