Saturday, September 13

Creating a Reading Nook



The last few months have been... insane, beautiful, hectic, fantastic, and overall a huge adjustment into married life! I will post more about that later though once I get all our wedding pictures. Patience, young grasshoppers!

So we live on the second and third floors of a really old Victorian house which makes for some interesting spaces, especially on the top floor.  It was a bit overwhelming to know what to do with all these places at first, but after living in it, staring at it with the contemplative hand on chin, and a little bit of online inspiration, I tried to make a reading nook for us.




  It was a lot more simple than I first imagined.  I had the hope chest (which my dad actually made me, it is one of my most treasured items), and I just folded up a quilt and added throw pillows.  The globe lights I found at Target during Christmas time for about $6, and I cant wait to add more around the house as the chilly weather settles in!



And this is the little new addition to our family, Theo, who I think just found his new favorite spot.  If there's anything to do with perching and stalking birds out windows, he's game.

Before - you may remember this
from a previous post :)


After

This has officially become my new catching up on emails and editing photos spot, and I love it! Cal loves to use it as a place to study for his notary, which is coming up later this month.

What is your favorite space in your home to relax and get away?

With Love,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment